Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Little Number



This adorable chest of drawers I've had forever.  It came out of my grandparents home and I've always loved it because of it's size and the "cuteness" of it.  The little drawers are wonderful for all those little things you just don't know what to do with.  Okay, the truth is, it's a great "catch all" for junk...  And not really the good kind of "junque" that I like to talk about here.

It had been painted once before (surprise, surprise) but this time I used Annie Sloan paint in Paris Grey to paint the base of the mini-dresser and Pure White for the front of the drawers.  


For the letters and numbers I simply used a font from my text editor and printed them out on plain paper in the size I wanted.  Using tracing paper I then traced over and filled in the lines using acrylic craft paint. 


I've seen this done, in much larger proportions on other blogs, and decided I needed to give it a try.  I was not blessed with any artistry skills, so tracing, filling in, and color by number is much more my speed.  Does anyone remember those black velvet color by number projects from your childhood??  I loved those things!  They at least made me FEEL like an artist....  Clearly I am not!


Well, I hope you like it!

Have a LUVLY day!

No comments:

Post a Comment